Saturday, September 02, 2006

Defining Unfair

Apparently, I missed one aspect of Thursday night's VMAs. And that was that Jessica Simpson won a brand new $50,000 Chrysler Crossfire. It's not enough that celebrities earn a ridiculous amount of money for what they do - which sometimes isn't much. But companies have to give them free stuff, swag if you will. The gifts are subject to taxes, but celebrities often don't report their visits to the "gift suites." This year, the IRS sent tax forms to be placed in the gift suites at the Emmy Awards to be filled out at the awards show. This may be the only time I ever say this in my life: Cheers to the IRS!

Tax or no tax, swag is just a reminder that the more you've got, the more you get. And sadly, my new car was not swag. I just received a kindly letter from the bank announcing my first payment.

0 cat calls: