Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Good Stuff

After a somewhat scary experience converting to Blogger Beta, I decided to embrace its new qualities. I'm not as daring as Kim, who gave The Unwilling Adult a blog-lift. But I did go through and tag all my posts so that if you likey one you can find the others like it. I realized going through that I had a lot of complaints on the blog. So in an effort to give you something uplifting in lieu of the traditional negative fare, I give you the following list of good things about the weekend:

* New haircut (that I still like today) * Two books read * Much quality time spent with Kudzu (who very much enjoyed having his belly rubbed) * Finished Season 5 of Sex & the City * Did not eat out once but cleaned out some leftovers and saved money * Had a delicious red apple after dinner * Watched less TV this weekend than I can remember in a long time * Had lovely walk to church and back this morning * Enjoyed back porch reading once again * Felt kindly toward neighbor who was also on his back porch and playing classic rock loudly * Wished Mom & Dad happy 39th wedding anniversary * Talked to the parents-to-be about baby books * Vowed to have better attitude about work than in recent days * Laughed out loud at least twice while reading * Took a nap

4 cat calls:

penelope said...

I like good, happy lists. I too feel that they balance out all the complaining I do, which is about 95% of the time.

Also, I love that you have a category just for S&tC.

Anonymous said...

Um... I hope one of those books was for book club, young lady.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your parents on their 39th anniversary! That's wonderful.

I think we could all use to write happy lists from time to time. I think I'll go write one of my own! :)

mendacious said...

wow that's nice. just the other day i included a positive's in my life to pen... it's completely necessary.