Thursday, September 21, 2006

All is Lost: The Mac is Dead

For those of you who have been kind enough to worry over the state of my eMac, I am sorry to inform you that the Mac is dead. The Angel of CyberDeath called this morning to say he had issued an official DNR on my hard drive and pronounced it unrecoverable. Which means we all have to recreate our time input for the entire month of September(!) and that I've lost all email and documents created between end of May and now. A moment of silence please. Cue the bugle.

3 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

Sadness! :( Oh, that's really awful. I'm so sorry you lost all of that work. Sometimes I just love computers, and then when things like this happen, it's completely terrifying to think how quickly everything can just be lost forever (I am not nearly as good about backing up as I should be). I hope you recover okay even though your hard drive is beyond repair!

mendacious said...

forever these monuments of time are fleeting- god rest its journey hence.

penelope said...

my thoughts are with you in your time of grief.