Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mayer-holism

It's happening again. It happened shortly after Heaver Things came out back in '03. And now it's happening again. I'm Ashley and I have a John Mayer addiction. I seem to only be able to listen to Continuum repeatedly, and with baby steps, have included other albums, going all the way back to the B-side Inside Wants Out. For a few weeks, possibly more, I will be disinterested in listening to anything other than John Mayer. I can remember Kim being so tired of listening to Heavier Things (until I wore her down and made her like it! Bwah hahaha!). I'm just like that little Zoloft rock. I become withdrawn and antisocial unless I'm allowed my daily dose of Mayer. Unfortunately, the closest his tour is coming in the next few months is to Atlanta (Chastain Amphitheatre, baby!) but I'll be in Saint Louis.

Oh, and check out his blog (linked to the right) if you're so inclined. It's pretty funny. T., I think you'd enjoy his recent entry about avoiding zombies. I'm trying not to be too jealous that even John Mayer has a book deal these days. That's right. Simon & Schuster. The Pioneer. Due out by Christmas. Not sure what I think about that.

But I have come to the conclusion that I'm kind of digging the longer locks - just one of those side effects of being a Mayer-holic, I guess.

1 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. . . I'm keeping you from a John Mayer concert. The same one that was going to lead my stepbrother to skip my wedding (until my parents made him realize he could buy tickets to the Birmingham concert the following weekend instead). Apparently John Mayer does make people truly obsessed, so thanks for not skipping my wedding for the concert. :)