Friday, August 11, 2006

Takin' It Easy Bein' Cheesy

I didn't go into the office today (despite having a ton of work that I need to do) and instead spent nearly the entire day in pajamas. I did get dressed for lunch with Tom at the Dixie Grill where I had a delicious sandwich called a Skinny Pete and sweet potato fries. Mmm. But after that I went back to the PJs and back to the couch. As a total indulgence, I broke out a VHS tape that's ten years old and labeled in my sister's handwriting "Sappy (Heart) Movies." On the tape are three back-to-back TV movies from 1995-96. The first movie is called "Wounded Heart" and stars Paula Devicq (of Party of Five fame) and Josh Hensley (who apparently is a soap opera star). The second is called "Hearts Adrift" and stars Sydney Penny (soap star) and Scott Reeves (soap star). They were both USA Network Morning Movies. The last is called "The Hired Heart" and stars Penelope Ann Miller, who sadly seems to be trying to resurge to her Kindergarten Cop fame in this made-for-TV flick. And they're SOOO deliciously cheesy - I heart the Heart Trilogy.

3 cat calls:

penelope said...

I sat around in my tacky $5 "Hunny Bunny" shirt and watched Aquamarine. Yay...

ashley said...

I can't even admit to myself how many times I've watched this time, but it became startlingly apparent to me when I realized I'd memorized a few lines.

And...I might have gone on Amazon to see if I could get any of these on DVD...

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an awesome day!