Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Girl Can Dream

In light of the inherent negativity of yesterday's post, I'm making a concerted effort to be a bit more hopeful today. After all, Mr. Kudzu is snoring softly on the day bed, I managed to make dinner (1 meat, 1 vegetable, 2 startches - not bad), and we had a fantastic storm this afternoon. It rained and hailed, the parking lot flooded and lightening cut the sky in the most magnificent way.

And so now that the rain has so nicely washed away some of the heat (and the blahs), I decided to indulge in a little wishfulness. Every once in awhile, I like to think about things I would buy if money were no object. Today, it would be these Manolo Blahniks. They're the closest I could find to the ones Carrie loses at the baby shower on Sex & the City. And they're fabulous. And they're $550.

4 cat calls:

Ruby said...

I knew I recognized those shoes!

Am I crazy or have I heard that Manolos are actually comfortable?

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking today how nice a rainstorm would be here. I love thunderstorms, and we haven't had one for a while (except for the one that was all wind and no rain and knocked out power for days). We have a 9-inch rain deficit right now for 2006, and I really, really miss the rain!

Those shoes are fabulous!

penelope said...

That storm was so scary! But quite refreshing.

ashley said...

Megan, I hope Manolos are comfortable! The day I sell the great American novel, I'm going to take my advance and BUY SOME!! :)