Friday, August 18, 2006

A Tip for Rachel Ray

I'm at my parents' house for a long weekend, and we always watch a lot of the Food Network when I'm at home. Out of 24 hours of programming on this channel, at least 13 of them are occupied by Rachel Ray. At first, that was okay. Because she's cute and bubbly and not a stick figure and likes real food and has some fun ideas on 30 Minute Meals. It's really just $40 a Day that really gets me. Lauren recently pointed out to me that the reason she is able to stretch out her $40 is because she doesn't tip properly. The waiter or waitress will be helpful, attentive, and gracious and at the end of the meal, she figures about 5% for the tip. Not okay. Not a good travel tip for the people watching.

Also, I liked her when she was sticking to the foodie stuff. But now she has a magazine. And a line of knives. And clothing, I think? Next thing it'll be Rachel Ray toothpaste. Please, Rachel, stick to dinner.

0 cat calls: