Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Joining the Club

Today I read Pen's and Kim's posts about worrying. Since Pen's starting a club, I figure I should probably join in. As I read through their various worries, I realized that I worry about these kinds of things every day, all day. So much so, that sometimes I let it keep me from doing the very things I need to do so that I can stop worrying about them. And sometimes I worry about things that could be solved one of those things that I just have an aversion to...like phone calls, visits to "meet with someone", trips to official places(like the DMV or the bank or the post office), anything that requires an estimates or paperwork.
Worries are like those cat hair tumbleweeds - ever present, collecting in the corners, and ready to emerge just when I think I've got them under control. All this talk about worry made me think of the way that it sometimes can be darkly funny. Like Edward Gorey and his Gashlycrumb Tinies, here for your dark amusement. And, Pen, I'll try to be a better Worry Club member than Book Club member. Just something else to worry about...

2 cat calls:

penelope said...

Book Club, sigh. Whatever happened to Book Club.

Just think, though: this weekend will be a Worriers Club Convention!! If our worries about Ernesto don't come true.

Kim said...

Ooh, Worrycon '06! I hope they get a famous worrier as the keynote speaker-- maybe Star Trek's Leonard Nimoy? I bet he worries quite a bit...