Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Frustration Station

Today, because of The Client, my job was...

* Demoralizing
* Infuriating
* Saddening
* Disappointing
* Self-doubtful
* Unproductive
* Tense
* Painful
* Exasperating

The kind of day that you want to go in the bathroom and cry. But then you know The Client will have won. And so while you're sitting at your desk, trying to fend off the bad feelings, you start to wonder...is The Client right? Am I just a talentless hack that doesn't know what I'm doing? But you make it through the day. And you eat potato chips for dinner.

9 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am quite certain that you are NOT a talentless hack, but gifted and brilliant. I'm sorry you had a rough day. . . those wanting-to-cry-in-the-bathroom days are the worst. But potato chips are definitely a big help (and if you're me, so are pizza and chocolate). Hope things get better!

Niki said...

Ditto what Jenn said! You are creative and fantastic - the Client is talentless hack and asshole.

Ice cream also helps. And a bottle or so of wine.

penelope said...

Do you ever wish you were one of those people who *thrive* on conflict and "victory" over others in Battles of Will? I swear, those people must have it easy. I bet their stomach linings never deteriorate one bit.

For dinner, I recommend a giant bowl of popcorn tossed with a smattering of M&Ms. It provides the most excellent combination of salty and sweet.

Ruby said...

I agree with the other three very intelligent ladies!

I'm going out on a limb and gonna guess that Client is a man who can't accept the fact that a woman can have the whole beauty and brains package. Am I right?

Anonymous said...

BOOOOO to the client, who is nothing more than a shrimpy little baby.

ashley said...

Thank you all for your kind support! The Client is still misbehaving today, but everyone knows it. At lunch, me and the graphic designer considered going Thelma & Louise after we got our Chic-fil-A. But we came back after all.

Stupid, stupid client.

Kim said...

That's very feeling wheel, that list. And if you rearrange the order of the words, it spells "disputed" (with a couple extra letters, I think). So think about that!

I don't know what "that" means, exactly, but I do know that you kick ass, and that guy is a borderline buffoon who probably waxes himself in inappropriate areas.

Andria said...

You definitely have a great network of support here! I'm not sure what else I can add, because they have mostly covered your own wonderfulness and the asshole existence of the client, which unfortunately is the sole purpose of clients -- to cause stress and anxiety and doubt and all those wonderful things. Well, that, and pay the bills, I suppose, which is why we must endure. You will rock it out, no worries! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I think client-cakes had better get his act together.

That's all I have to say about that.

Except that you're great at your job and you shouldn't think overly long about toolboxes that conspire to ruin your day b/c of their own senility.