Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Color Me Fair Orchid

While I was re-watching Sex & the City (Season 2, Disc 3, Episodes 13-18), I was surfing around and found this great little website called Colorstrology. I work with PMS (Pantone Matching System) all the time. PMS colors are essentially pure colors that designers use when creating logos and the like and determine what inks printers use. This website assigns you a PMS color according to your birthday. This is what mine (July 6) had to say:

PMS 15-3508
Fair Orchid

Generous. Organized. Responsible.
Although you are highly sensitive, you know how to get the job done. You have learned how to move around your emotional nature to ensure a life of productivity and stability. You are creative and organized and are usually able to integrate these two qualities. People come to you for advice and support due to your generous and nurturing spirit. Your personal color resonates with detachment and vision.

I tried it for a handful of people whose birthdays I could think of off the top of my head: Mom, Dad, Anna, her husband, Justin and his wife, J., Kim, coworkers whose birthdays I could remember. Most of them were incredibly accurate. (Kim - yours is! And the color that corresponds with yours looks great on you. In fact, come to Wilmington and I'll buy you a shirt that color! ;) ) If you try it, please report on your color and description and whether you think it describes you in the right light.

5 cat calls:

penelope said...

3-16, Thistle. "Some of the difficult lessons in life involve your own immediate family." Spooky. It also says I might do great things with my life. Clearly the jury is still out on that one.

I'm rewatching S&TC Season 3, Disc 3, episodes 13-18. This time around with Season 3, I forced myself to watch Carrie tell Aidan she cheated with Big. Eeeee. However, hearing Trey say, "All righty then," helped to ease the pain.

Kim said...

Holy crap! Why am I at work and I can't test this website? Of course, the mere fact that I'm at work also means I really shouldn't be looking at YOUR website, either. But somehow, a blog seems different than an actual website...

At any rate, I am checking this out the second I get home tonight! And then, I am totally coming to Wilmington for my shirt!

mendacious said...

IT Did say i was interesting and attractive so that's a positive. i'm not sure how i feel about piquant green though- but i am a nature fiend so i must be finding it in there somewhere.

Niki said...

Gold Earth - but really it looks like "flesh tone" (for white people). Can I get a do-over?

Anonymous said...

I thought mine was pretty darn accurate, and there was stuff in there about maximizing my talents and overcoming self-defeating thoughts, which seemed very appropriate since I am in the middle of a long and frustrating job search.