Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dumbledore Is...(Spoiler Alert)

For those of you who may have been holding out hope or may have read the popular site www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com, JK Rowling put to rest all rumors and speculation at the second night's reading in New York with John Irving and Stephen King. She confirmed that Dumbledore is in fact dead and warned readers "not to look for Dumbledore to pull a Gandolf." I would have been surprised if she had resurrected Dumbledore, as she has portrayed death in a pretty strict light in the previous books. No hints on when Book 7 will be out...so continue speculating on that point.

Also, a funny quote from Jason Isaacs, who portrays Lucius Malfoy in the films:
"I went off and read the books after the audition and I read all four books in one sitting - you know - didn't wash, didn't eat, drove around with them on the steering wheel like a lunatic. I suddenly understood why my friends, who I'd thought where slightly backward, had been so addicted to these children's books. They're like crack."

6 cat calls:

T. said...

All I care about is Ron and Hermione playing 'just the tip' or 'ouch, ouch, you're on my hair."

T. said...

Wait, this is like a blog read by normal people and family. I assure you, I am quite sweet. Strange, yes, but sweet.

ashley said...

It's cool, T. We're all dying for Ron & Hermione to just go for it. Frankly, I felt a little gypped there wasn't some sort of makeout scene with those two by the end of six.

Niki said...

Damn her!

ashley said...

I know. But she'd always alluded to the fact that the wise man with the beard had to die and the hero had to go it alone. She did say that Dumbledore would still have a role in book 7...I think we can expect some trips into the pensieve and maybe a few enthralling conversations with the portrait.

Andria said...

Ok, I just finished book 6 in the last week and came back to this post that I made myself repeatedly ignore (as difficult as that was) because I'd already had 2 spoilers during the course of my reading and did not want another! I'm ready to discuss with someone now! I have not seen any of the movies, so only book context is applicable, but I have questions! and theories. . .