Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Oops, I Hugged a Client!

I had an awkward moment at work today that I keep thinking about, and it alternately makes me laugh and wince. I had an event today at a country club/golf course. They wanted everything to be pretty and had wet down the greens, turning the whole place into a turf sauna. And for those of you who don't golf, there aren't many trees to be found, so there's NO SHADE. The heat index was around 105, and I found the heat threshold for both my makeup and my hair - both of which wilted instantly.

After our little course tour, we went inside. As my boss said, for a moment, it almost made you hotter when the air conditioner made you realize how hot you had gotten. At this point, I'm in a crowded room. Ripe with sweat. Completely overheated. Experiencing that strange darkness after your pupils over dilate. When a board member approaches. I wasn't angled properly to shake his hand. And without thinking, I kind of put my arm around him, leaned into him and half hugged him. Now let me clarify by saying this man is much older, could be my dad or under some circumstances, my grandfather, so it was awkward more in the sense that I don't know him very well and not because of sexual harrassment. But I hugged him. And he did seem kind of surprised. Agh. What was I thinking? And my boss was standing right there. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a mark against "professional behavior" on my next review.

1 cat calls:

T. said...

for the record, that is NOT your thong.