Monday, August 14, 2006

I Wish I Were Pointless

I'm finally taking the plunge and getting my new car this weekend. As a result, I must also purchase new insurance because my car (a gift from my benevolent parents) is still insured in Georgia. And so I'm embarking on the joy of trying to find insurance.

I must confess that I've had a couple of run-ins with the old Smokies. The W-town local yokels pegged me at the deadly speed of 36 in a 25 zone - I'm sure two blocks over someone's car was being burglarized. Then the boys in blue - the State Troopers of North Carolina - zinged me on Hwy. 74 almost to I-95. Unfortunately, I was going 68 in a 55. And now, I have three points on my license.

The humiliation and fear and dread of getting pulled over is bad enough. The flashing lights. The cop,who, in my case, is as hateful and derogatory as possible. And then there's paying for the tickets and the court costs. And now...I'm paying for the insurance. And it hurts. It hurts real bad.

5 cat calls:

penelope said...

In W-town, they need to start pulling over the people who go 25 in a 45. They are the real trouble-causers.

I always liked Geico. Right now we have State Farm, and I have no complaints except that I miss the lizard.

Anonymous said...

New car--woohoo! I can't wait to see it!

It is always such a pain to find reasonable insurance, no matter what. I recently had the pleasure of applying for private health insurance, and three weeks later, it continues to be one hoop after another. (Not to mention the effect it's going to have on my wallet.) Hope the process goes smoothly for you (and that it's not too painful financially!).

Andria said...

growing up is hard to do, isn't it? good luck with the process. FYI, we have State Farm, too, through good ol' Steve Denman.

ashley said...

Thanks for the advice! I think I'm going with Nationwide because they have my renter's policy. And with my car insurance policy, you can be sure I'll never turn my renter's into a homeowner's.

mendacious said...

THAT does HURT. why the cops always trying to catch us running dirty.