Wednesday, August 16, 2006

An Actual Exchange

I had to go to the liquor store in the middle of the day to pick up a gift for a client. My newest coworker, who started Monday, was with me because I was taking her to lunch. While we were browsing, I could hear the young freckled girl at the counter chatting up a storm with her coworker.

Selection made, I went to the counter. She rang me up, talking the whole time. I looked in my wallet to see that I had a bunch of ones - change from only having a $20 for the pizza man on Saturday.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I seem to only have ones."

"That's what you get for being a table dancer," she barked.

I paused. Looked at her. Then I said, "Well, what can I say. Business is good."

6 cat calls:

penelope said...

Bravo! I so wish I were that quick.

Ruby said...

Hell yeah, Ashley! Obviously you have the figure for doin' a little dancing! Rock on!

Matt said...

I wish I could fashion comebacks like that. Once, when getting a couple cheeseburgers and fries in the McDonald's drive-thru, I asked for salt. The girl handed me a couple packets and said, "You know, salt is bad for you." All I could get out was a meek, "I know," but as I pulled onto Military Cutoff, I cursed myself as I thought, "I wouldn't be eating at McDonald's if I was worried about what is bad for me."

mendacious said...

awesome.

Niki said...

Did I miss something? I thought you were a table dancer...

ashley said...

Well, I had to pay for the car some way.