Sunday, August 27, 2006

Thank You, BBC

Dear BBC:
I know I'm about 10 years late with this, but I just wanted to say thanks for Mr. Darcy. Thank you for your fine casting, your willingness to go out on a limb with that wet shirt scene and in particular that look of adoration on Mr. Darcy's face when Elizabeth is playing the piano forte. Thanks for the "Please allow me to express how ardently I love and admire you" line. And for the tall hat, the tight knee breeches and the startched cravats. Thank you for making a nearly-six-hour-movie that I will still stay up til 2:30 AM to watch. Really, I owe you one.

Sincerely,
Ashley

P.S. I'd like to thank the English in general for the gift of Hessian boots. Hot.

5 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

Yummy.

mendacious said...

AND to jane austen right? for none of this would be possible without. (godblesscolinfirth)

penelope said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I've never actually sat down and watched the whole BBC presentation. But, I do heart Colin Firth. Suddenly I am in the mood to watch "What a Girl Wants."
Or..."Love Actually."
Or..."Bridget Jones."

Hummm. Decisions, decisions.

ashley said...

Pen - you MUST watch. Colin Firth is utterly delicious in this movie.

And yes, Mendacious, thanks to Jane Austen for that line about every man is possession of a fortune is in want of a wife. Love Elizabeth Bennet.

Anonymous said...

It's the cravat, isn't it.

Damn, I need one of those.