Monday, October 02, 2006

Smash Lives

For those of you who may not know, once upon a time, I used to be called Smash due to a certain lack of grace & poise. And just to live up to the nickname, in the past two days at work, I have cut my arm on a zip tie, pulled a ream of copy paper down on my head and gotten a wicked paper cut on a file folder. And then this little Three Stooges moment (sans two stooges) in the supply closet. I went to put back some software that I had used, and the shelf was just out of my reach, but I figured I could tip it up on the shelf and push it into place. But there was already some stuff there, so when I tipped it over the shelf, it slanted down and fell on my head. In my eagerness to get out from under the rain of software, I stepped back onto the dust mop, making the handle hit me soundly in the head. And so I stepped forward on the vacuum cleaner and knocked it over, losing balance myself and grabbing the doorframe to keep from falling. We laughed til we cried.

6 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

I must say that sounds like a classic Smash episode. I was laughing as I read it!

Andria said...

thanks again for the laugh. I was laughing/crying as well. Some things never change. . .and I'm so thankful!

mendacious said...

that's awesome in that - i'm glad you're okay- amazing acrobatic feat- type of way.

excellent- and then name smash is sort of badass. i've never had a nickname like that- so i say work it-

penelope said...

awesome! i can totally relate, sadly. just yesterday i was moving a 3-tiered shelf of dvds in my effort to "babyproof" the living room, and while leaning over to push the lamp cord out of the way, dumped the entire first shelf of movies on my head.

apparently what i really need to do is penelope-proof.

ashley said...

My nickname started in the 5th grade with my sister. By the time I was in high school, a lot of people called me Smash. Everybody on the basketball team called me Smash. I don't think I EVER heard my coach call me Ashley. Members of other teams would often ask me, "What are they calling you?"

My sister still sends me cards addressed to "Smash" from time to time.

Andria said...

And then there's Smashin' Bigguns. Don't forget your stripper name, I kindly remind you.