Sunday, October 29, 2006

Farewell, Daylight Savings Time

Goodbye, Daylight Savings Time.
As I have already enjoyed that one-time-only extra hour of sleep, I am missing you already. Especially since it's only 6:30 and been dark as night for half an hour. That's only going to get worse between now and December. While I know some people are opposed to you (that means you, Arizona and Kim Shable), I welcome you whole-heartedly. Who wouldn't want it to be light when they leave the office? Now I am doomed to days where I have to turn my headlights on when departing from work, and frankly, that's a little depressing. I like my days long and my nights short. Is that too much to ask?

And while I enjoy fall, I do not enjoy this early darkness. It quite honestly makes my weekends seem shorter. At 6:30, it's already night. My weekend is o-v-e-r by all accounts.

I hear you're going to come earlier and stay later next year. Bravo to that. I'll be sure to throw a party when you get here. I'll be waiting impatiently until then.

Love,
Ash

2 cat calls:

Kim said...

I have to say, this is the first year that I have actually been OPPOSED to the end of daylight savings time. Not that I didn't enjoy the extra hour, mind you. But why was it pitch black by the time I got home from work today? I am now ready for bed. Bleah.

ashley said...

Driving home is SO depressing now. I feel like it's not even the same drive...and I was so loving the drive home at sunset. And now it's just DARK.