Wednesday, October 04, 2006

This is Hysterical

No, seriously. I know you're sick of my recent obsession with John Mayer. The graphic designer at work has threatened an intervention after he figured that I'd said something about John Mayer about 20 times this week. But this. This is utterly hilarious. I was crying when I watched it.

Apparently John had a TV show on VH1 - did anyone know this? And he staged this focus group with four 19-year-old girls. I have to say, I feel a little sorry for them. If this had been me ten years ago with Adam Duritz, I would've been just as retarded. Check it out.

5 cat calls:

Ruby said...

Wow! How did they not know? Geez.

Daughters makes me cry too, though. (But I actually have a daughter...)

ashley said...

I just love the part when the girl asks him a question and he says, "You'll find out when you sell out." I have to admire him for having such a sense of humor about himself and his fan base.

I went to his concert a few years ago when he was touring with Counting Crows, and when he sang "Your Body is a Wonderland" the whole amphitheatre was filled with high pitched screaming! And girls yelling that they wanted to have his baby. I felt very very old.

Anonymous said...

um, i think when he sings the body is a wonderland song i might scream out to have his baby, and i don't even really like him. just that song. (sorry ashley! haven't heard new cd though.) does this make me young?

i can't believe the one girl thought they made him sing to get reservations. dumb. ass.

Anonymous said...

This is SO funny! Hilarious. I like John Mayer, and after this, I like him even more.

I also feel a little sorry for those girls, though I also can't believe the collective stupidity among them. Believing that Richard Marx writes his songs? That's when I realized how clueless they really were. (Though they're probably too young to even know who Richard Marx is.)

ashley said...

I would love to hear JM do a good solid cover of "Right Here Waiting"...