Wednesday, October 18, 2006

And the Winner is...

Jeffrey is IN. I have to say, despite my love of Michael (bringing it from the ATL), I was pulling from Uli on this one. I thought her collection was the most beautiful, versatile, cohesive and wearable. Obviously, the judges were looking for creativity and point of view. I think they felt that Jeffrey had the most singular voice of any of the designers. I didn't love his collection, but I can appreciate his passion and his unique point of view.

I was disappointed in Michael's collection. All those lace-up tops. Michael, where was your beautifully tailored sportswear, my man? And Laura brought the sternum-baring stiffness. Although I did think that her final piece was really lovely with the beading.

And did anyone else think the models overall walked like zombies? Maybe I just don't understand the way it's done. I'll practice the dead-walk in the living room so I won't be auffed.

4 cat calls:

Jennifer Walter said...

We were a house united and then divided. Throughout the season Nick and I sided with Michael, but after seeing the collections...I was going for Uli and Nick called Jeffrey as the winner. Nick claims that he has more fashion sense than me and that's why he was right. Ha! I wish I could show you his closet. Polos and khakis. Polos and khakis... Honestly though, neither of us are going to pioneer a new fashion trend any time soon. I'm finally intigrating bright colors in my wardrobe! If you know anything about me you know that's a big step.

ashley said...

Nick definitely seems avant garde in his fashion choices. Hooray for color! Step on out, girl! Make it work.

penelope said...

The models did walk like zombies...liked the music though, it seemed different than what they usually do. Watching ANTM runway lessons always makes it even more confusing--what DOES make a good runway walk. Obviously falling is not good. But zombie is good? I don't get it.

I loved all the designers collections, but I almost think Michael tried TOO hard? And there was so much metallic gold, which to me is way more South Beach than Uli's fashions. I felt like out of all 3 seasons, this was the strongest presentation overall by the final designers. They were all so different, but had the same level of competence.

I love Project Runway.

ashley said...

Trent @ PITNB was saying that he thought this was the worst of the runway shows, but I thought these were some of the best, most wearable designs. I thought these shows looked more like collections than any season. Maybe it was just me, but I thought last year's finale was disappointing. I'm agreeing with you on this one, Pen.