Monday, October 16, 2006

Busting with Embarassment

Dear Guests of Jenn's & Dan's Wedding:
Kim has been so kind as to share her digital photos of this weekend's events with me via Snapfish. Upon viewing those photos taken following the Strap Disaster of '06, I must issue an apology to your guests post haste (particularly to the grandmothers and children in attendance).

I was worried that my ample bosom might get out of control during the dancing portion of the evening, but I recklessly threw caution to the wind and embraced the opportunity to get down girl go 'head get down. The photos capturing this part of the wedding festivities reveal a grizzly scene. To anyone I scandalized, I am deeply sorry. And upon realizing what a very ill-fitting state the dress was left in without the straps, I must express my great regret at the wound dealt to my own dignity.

My only stroke of luck was that the Go Fug Yourself girls were not in attendance. I shudder to think. Next time, I promise to bring a dickey as a back up in case of emergency.

In Abject Apology,
Ash

5 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

Nonsense. You did, and do, look beautiful.

ashley said...

As I told Kim Shable...

With God as my witness, I will never wear strapless again.

ashley said...

Nonetheless, thank you, kind sir.

Kim said...

Seriously, why won't you believe me? You were DANCING in those pictures, and everyone looks retarded while dancing. Even their boobs. ESPECIALLY their boobs.

You were a hot mama.

Anonymous said...

I agree. . . it really wasn't a big deal at all, and you looked great. Everyone looks stupid when they dance with body parts flying everywhere. (By the way, I'm sorry that the dress ended up being strapless after we worked so hard not to make you wear a strapless dress!)

If it makes you feel any better, when I took my dress off at the end of the night, my strapless bra was at my waist. I have a feeling I had a bit of the jiggly going on, too. Hell, I think boobs make for a better wedding. :)