Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Pressure of a Post

NaBloPoMo is drawing to a close - today marks the beginning of the end - the final week of my commitment to a post a day. If I stopped right now, I'd have blogged 83 percent of the month. That would earn me a B - a respectable passing grade. And while I'm not going to stop posting (unless there are unforeseen dire circumstances), I have to say that I am utterly without inspiration. I considered, and discarded, a number of post ideas:

* Another photo of Dillon, this time pushing one of his walker toys through the kitchen (I can almost hear your relief...)

* Feeling the creeping tendrils of The Panic after overdosing on people time and underdosing on Ashley time

* Reluctant sadness trimming the tree this afternoon, even though Dillon was fascinated by the lights...and inevitable feeling that I'm not a kid anymore

* Finding a dead cat under my car Friday afternoon. The neighbor's cat, who apparently died of old age. But it brought back very bad memories and made me stand in the driveway repeating, "I did not run over this cat" Rainman-style.

* A diatribe about how I'm failing miserably at the photo game and likely to only get a third of the pictures posted, by which I would segue into how I'm very good at signing up for things and very lousy at finishing them.

* A list of things I got done this evening, some of which included paying bills, addressing cards, sent a few emails.

* A list of things I did not get done this evening, some of which included putting the address on Kim's wedding gift (sorry, Kim!!), getting my finances in order (house downpayment not materializing on its own), Christmas shopping online

* An outline of my weekly TV-viewing schedule, which is quite packed at this point. Pen, you'd be so proud - I have must-see TV on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday! Three days a week! I learned it from watching you, all right?

But none of these things seemed totally post-worthy...or perhaps it was just that I'm am not post-worthy this evening. Regardless, this post is what you're getting. Five more days of this, and you'll be off the hook with reading my daily drivel, and we'll be back to our irregularly scheduled programming.

4 cat calls:

penelope said...

I'm quite proud of the Must-See TV thing, and I feel that schedule outline would make an excellent post.

Jennifer Walter said...

I for one am a big fan of the frequent posts. At least I feel that I'm in touch even when I'm not. My sister's bad wireless "ate" two emails to you this weekend. I promise to rewrite them, but the stack of papers to grade is way too high tonight. I'll reach out tomorrow...promise.

Niki said...

word sister. at first i thought nablopomo would spark creativity. now i'm finding that it's just...bleh. a hassle. i have almost forgotten like 3 nights in a row and totally scrambled to post something. anything. hang in there.

Cue said...

Yeah, I've about had it with this whole !@#$ experiment. Don't think I shall do it again, because I end up posting things like, "Fuck, don't feel like posting." And that is really all I've got.