Sunday, November 11, 2007

Don't Call It A Comeback

Quietly, cautiously, I mark off the fifteenth day. The incessant hum in my brain seems to be lessening...a distant buzz. My heart is calm, its regular steady pulse instead of an erratic skid. Slumber goes on uninterrupted, and my biorhythms seem to have time to sink into the dark quiet instead of dancing around while I have my eyes closed.

And aside from that, life is getting, perhaps, easier? It is easier to breathe. And to laugh. And to make it through the day without thinking about purposefully stepping out into oncoming traffic.

At the same time, I'm afraid to consider this thing knocked out. Is it just wishful thinking? Is it just a blissful placebo effect? Or is it truly down for the count? One thing is for sure - if it comes back at me, the gloves are coming off.

6 cat calls:

mendacious said...

i like the outlook. either way!

Niki said...

Oooh...a little feisty - that's the spirit!

Kurt said...

You do NOT want to step into oncoming traffic. That rarely results in what you think it would.

Kim said...

Ashley said knock you out! So I'monna knock you out! Witness!

ashley said...

Perhaps the feist is a good sign?

Yes, Kurt. I think you're right...probably not the outcome I was looking for - although, in my new mood, traffic might want to watch out for me.

tempe & chris said...

LOVE this post. You are such a bad-ass!