Thursday, November 01, 2007

About Me: NaBloPoMo Style

I'm taking my cue from Meg, who's the NaBloPoMo expert, that I should introduce myself on this first day of NaBloPoMo madness. Which is funny because I so recently posted about the "about me" phenomenon. So here's what I know:

I'm 28 years old. Six months ago, I quit my job, my apartment and my life and moved back home to Georgia after almost six years in North Carolina.

I live with my parents. This is both wonderful and maddening. They're lovely, but I'm an adult. I watch a lot of Antiques Roadshow.

I have a new job. I'm moving into my third month there, but it's still new. I don't know what I do, so I can't tell you that about me.

I have a cat. His name is Kudzu, and he gets me through.

Right now, I'm listening to a Scottish artist named Roddy Woomble. Seriously.

I love shoes, House, Harry Potter, dandelions, sushi, teacups and the smell of Sharpies.

I long to go to London. And the Greek Isles. But I don't have a passport.

I'm experiencing some mental turbulence that I'm trying to get sorted out, but it's a rocky road.

I almost always do what I'm told, what's expected of me...and then I complain about it here. I wish I was more adventurous, more daring, more rebellious, but the truth is, other than being crazy, I'm totally normal.

6 cat calls:

penelope said...

Awesome bio. But I always wonder this of the NaBloPoMo people: can you say that five times fast?

Kurt said...

You need to get that passport. You never know when you're going to get a last-minute invitation to Greece.

mendacious said...

nice! but seriously get your passport: then if pen and i ever kidnapped you, you'd be ready to go.... my friend amber and i are planning a south of france greece trip next year... http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html

mendacious said...

http://travel.state.gov/passport/
forms/ds11/ds11_842.html

seriously now! i want to see progress by christmas!

Cue said...

TOTALLY need a passport. I mean, what if one needs to run away to Canada or something? ... I'm just saying. ;)

And see, I commend you and Meg for doing the intro. I'm being like the stealthy NaBloPoMo participant: I put the little logo on my page, and that is all.

ashley said...

I actually do have getting a passport on my list of things to do. I was going to save it for 2008, but since Mendacious is considering a kidnapping, I best get on it...

Andrea, thank you. I'm trying hard to push myself to get back into writing...and I figured publicly declaring that I would do it was the best way to motivate myself.