Friday, November 02, 2007

Dealbreaker

I heard about this plan of John Mayer's awhile ago. But since he's been known to pull gags on fans before, I hoped that was the case with this latest scheme. Unfortunately, it's true. It's true that John Mayer has chartered an entire Carnival cruise ship (a veritable "fun ship") to sail to the Bahamas in early February. It's true that John Mayer is shamelessly hawking said cruise on VH1. Wearing a smoking jacket. It's true that you can join roughly 3,000 of your not-so-closest friends on the pleasure cruise that is known as...the Mayercraft Carrier. Is this the part where I conclude that John has sold out? I think it is.

4 cat calls:

Cue said...

Oh, vomit. Pardon me while I see if these CDs of his will flush down the toilet. I mean, really.

penelope said...

I heard about this on TV the other day--WTF!

ashley said...

It's just that...I mean, the John Mayer Trio was an excellent side project between albums to further his cause for being taken as a serious artist. And I hear he's playing new material in small clubs to get back to the way he originally developed material. I applaud that! But...slot machines and "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room"? Ick.

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

Haha, my husband, who is a lead guitarist, has had to be on one of those cruises many a time, for artists he was playing for.

He did NOT have a lovely time. ;-)