Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love You, Tomorrow

Truth be told, I've had this photo sitting in my blog pics folder for over a year. I found it when searching for a Wilmywood photo, but at the time, the season was all wrong. I've held on to it, thinking I'd have an opportunity to use it. And now I do it.

This is how I remember Wilmywood. This stretch of the riverfront park where they put lights in the trees. And in the fall, when the leaves changes, those lights make the park look almost surreal. I love the hexagonal pavers there, and the thick black chains strung between the pylons. And I love the Cape Fear with its fierce murky current moving swiftly along the edge. That's where I'm going tomorrow.

I've been calling it my Cheers Weekend - saying that I need to go where everybody knows my name. I need to fall softly back into that place where I have my bearings. I need to see STGD, Sus, and Miranda and the rest of the folks at the Old Job and Pen and Baby N.Lo. And the river and the city and, yes, Grace Street, too. You're only a day away.

6 cat calls:

penelope said...

Woohoo!!

mendacious said...

thats gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo. Have a truly wonderful trip!

Cue said...

Jealous!!! ...In a good, happy-for-you way. It's funny, I haven't lived there for years and I still feel the same way about it, too.

Kim said...

If you squint, you can almost see the belligerent juggler in that picture!

hat said...

Beautiful.