Monday, April 09, 2007

Strange Things I Do

1) Sit in the dark. I don't like the dark. But I will sit on the couch and start watching TV or surfing the internet and it will get dark outside and very dark inside, and I will wait hours to turn the light on.

2) Not put garbage in its rightful place. For example, this morning, I put inserts into a pair of shoes that didn't quite fit. The packaging? On the coffee table. Wore a new shirt the other day and cut the tag out. Left it on the desk. I will wad up a piece of paper and throw it in the floor. That's wrong.

3) Put off eating dinner. For a ridiculously long time. I'll consider it and weigh my options and then sort of try to convince myself that maybe I'm not hungry. Just because I'm lazy.

4) Write a to do list. Do three of the nine things on it. Rewrite the to do list and add four things to it. Do two things (neither from the original list). Wad up the page and throw it in the floor. Things do not get done this way.

4 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

With the exception of throwing it on the floor (I am practically OCD, after all), I do #4 all the time!

penelope said...

I think there's something really peaceful about sitting in the dark, though. I like to sit in the dark with just the fish tank and maybe the TV on. However, I only do this when no one else is around, because I feel like anyone else would find it odd.

Niki said...

I used to put off dinner, but instead of convincing myself I wasn't hungry, I would just snack around until the right "time" for dinner. Now, I just embrace it and cook/microwave/order something because otherwise I'm just going to snack, snack, snack and then eat it anyway.

my word verification is: oyoggb. i feel like there is a gay george bush joke in there somewhere...

laura said...

those 4 things are the very things i do that drive Russ the most crazy. you are not alone in your strangeness...