Tuesday, April 03, 2007

In Praise of Spring

The shift in seasons reminded me of a poem I wrote in college during my e.e. cummings period. I was quite fond of wandering around campus in the wee hours.

2 a.m. in spring

blooming into april neverdarkness

alive with lush green whispers
brazenly unfurling petals for a pale moon

who smiles at fevered spring eyes.

wild feet kiss fresh grass lips

lately wetted by dew's first --

poetry in the trees, these leaves

that rush against one another

like the lines of a sonnet, rhythmic

rustling words of lovers, spoken

during these hours of sleeping

when the light across town burns,

a little daylight saved for me.

3 cat calls:

Andria said...

I can see you laying around in one of the many fields at Berry, waxing poetic with twinkling eyes. It was a magically, enchanting place. . .

mendacious said...

sounds scandalous! i hope no one was watching ; )

ashley said...

M - I am always scandalous! ;)