Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Seacrest In?

Dear Ryan Seacrest:
I admit that in seasons past of American Idol, I complained about you. I called you whiny. And punkish. And annoying. I may have even said that I kind of hated you.

I don't know what happened between this season and last, whether it's me or you. But I'm kind of in love with you this season. Maybe it's the way you came to Sanjaya's defense after his "Something to Talk About" performance. Let's face it - he's just a kid and Simon was really giving it to him. And you stepped in and stopped the massacre. All five-foot-four of you! It was kind of a thrilling moment.

And this whole Idol Gives Back effort has me seeing you in a whole new light. Sure, the highlights you got put in before you went to Africa cost more than these kids have ever seen, but you seem genuinely touched by the experience and - dare I say it? - much deeper of a human being than your shellacked exterior suggests.

I might have a little crush on you. Just a little one though. No bigger than your skinny ties.

XO & Ashley out

2 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

I was also annoyed by Ryan Seacrest in the past but will (begrudingly) admit that I also might have developed a wee bit of a crush on him (just so you know it's not just you). :)

ashley said...

Thank you, Jenn. I feel better...I mean, I was a little worried about posting this. It is a bit incriminating.

It reminds me of a certain crush I had in high school that ended in a really, really bad date. You recall?