Monday, April 23, 2007

Champagne Wishes & Chocolate Cake Dreams

A group of very dear friends were kind enough to gather Saturday night for a last supper of sorts at the illustrious Circa 1922 in downtown Wilmywood. Thanks to Justin, Dave, Tom, Mel, Penelope, J.Lo. and The Bug for coming out to toast my departure. It isn't every day that someone orders champagne in your honor. (Many thanks to J. for his generosity.) In spite of (because of?) the jaunty piano player with his Disney medley and off-kilter "Your Song," the atmosphere was lovely, the food delicious, the company extraordinary and the dessert, well, just look at the picture. You are all people of the highest order and friends of the rarest kind.

The Chocolate Cake (as listed on the menu)

It's hard to be sad when the Bug's around.

7 cat calls:

hat said...

A worthy send-off for a fine young lady... May your paths be paved with lots of chocolate cakes!

penelope said...

Cheers to you! My only regret was missing the dessert. That chocolate cake looks downright lethal.

mendacious said...

awwwwwwww.

now hopefully your next place will be less haunted and have plenty of chocolate. but a quick drive/plane trip away at all times.

Andria said...

Your great friends speak highly of your extraordinary personality - you attract intelligent, fun folks (at least I like to think so!). I know it's hard to leave. . .
great picture! Your hair looks so light/golden!

laura said...

love the long hair ash! it's beautiful.

ashley said...

Thanks for the compliments, ladies! :) It's funny you should say that, Laura, because it was much, much longer than this about a year ago and I cut it all off. I just saw a video with my long hair and I didn't recognize myself. I have now committed to growing it out full force pronto!

Cue said...

Looks like a beautiful time. Safe travels!