Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Buck-O-Five

Total cost of 9 books from the Friends of the Library sale. It was pretty picked over by the time I got there today at 6:30 after going to the downtown branch only to realize I needed to go to the northeast branch which would have been only a hop, skip and jump from my office. But I digress. I did luck out and find a hardback of one of my favorite books for the bargain price of a quarter. And eight paperbacks - including another favorite -and two unread titles by a well-loved author. (Names and titles withheld so as not to incriminate myself any further than I already have on this blog about my love of romance novels.) Thanks to Pen & Meg for the heads up! In less then thirty minutes, I had an armload of books purchased for one dollar! All good things to look forward to reading during my hiatus from gainful employment.

2 cat calls:

Kim said...

I am SO JEALOUS! Our library book sale is this weekend, but I think I'm going to have to miss it, due to a hectic schedule of premarital counseling, Cavs watching, and bridal-shower-attending. So you might have to ship me yours when you're through-- I'll even pay double your original payment price! Just think, that'll buy you like a third of a shake at Chick Fil A...

ashley said...

Kim, you are welcome to my book sale bounty. I fear, though, that you will not much like the subject matter. The covers, however, should entertain you no end. ;)