Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wednesday Knight Comedy Emergency


The previews for two new shows on ABC intrigued me enough to watch the pilots. "Knights of Prosperity" is the story of a motley crew of people stuck in dead-end jobs who decide to rob Mick Jagger (and subsequent celebrities) to fund their dreams. Any left over monies will be given to charities of their choosing - including feline AIDS. Best character is a tie between Rockefeller, the giant black guy who has the best lines, and Louis, the skinny white guy who gets drawn into the group thinking he's going to be an intern on Taxi 2 starring Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah.


And following was "In Case of Emergency" about a group of people from the same high school graduating class starring Jonathan Silverman, David Arquette, Kelly Hu, Lori Loughlin and Greg Gormann. Based on the pilot, I'd say this one is the more entertaining of the two. In the first ten minutes, Gormann's character, a motivational diet guru, hijacks a dessert truck after his wife leaves him. Arquette shoots himself in the foot trying to commit suicide, and Silverman meets up with Hu in a house of ill repute - him, a failed writer turned greeting card hack and she the former valedictorian.

I'll be tuning in next week to see if both hold up to the promise of the pilots. Just for giggles.

4 cat calls:

hat said...

I just wanted to add, as well, that I am addicted to Ugly Betty... have you seen, have you seen? A smart, young woman with so many hidden talents, so many layers.

ashley said...

Alas, Hat, Ugly Betty is another one of those shows that I am missing out on...like Grey's Anatomy.

And, sadly, the only show I DO watch, Studio 60, isn't returning to the Monday night lineup until Monday after next. What's up with that, NBC?

Kim said...

Ooh, I so want to see this show! But sadly, TiVo's one flaw is that you can't tape something while watching something else... at least on the model we have. So the Cleveland Cavaliers won out. Will I still be able to follow the show if I didn't watch the pilot?

ashley said...

Yeah. I don't think you'll be too lost on either of them after missing the first ep. And if you decide to tune in and have questions, I'm your gal. I know. Because I was there.