Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Don't Go Breakin' My Heart!

I go out of town for a week - one week! - and stop reading the celebrity gossip sites while I'm getting a little r-and-r, only to come back and find that Perez spent New Year's Eve with John Mayer and...Jessica Simpson? Quelle horreur! I can't believe it! I have staunchly defended his honor, assured people that the previous rumors of their togetherness were all hype generated by her camp. And now I have been betrayed. What is he thinking? I mean, I know she's not as dumb as she pretends to be, but she's still no Einstein. And I know you could say, "Well, look at her" but somehow her stupidity (pretend or real) totally diminishes her attractiveness to me. But who am I to say? I just can't believe that John Mayer - my beloved John Mayer - is dating a breathy-singing witless wonder who peddles hair extensions and edible makeup. This will put a temporary kabash on my love of Continuum.

2 cat calls:

Kim said...

I'm sorry, Ashley, but LOOK AT HIM NOW. He's devolved into a scary haggard Marc Anthony, and Jessica Simpson is his J.Lo. It's sad, but true. I say turn all your attentions to Colin Firth and hope for the best!

ashley said...

Ugh. Perez just put up additional pictures of them - including one of him smooching her on the cheek. Gross.

And yet...I love him still. But I'm very, very angry with him.