Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Share the Love

My brilliant almost-lawyer friend Niki suggested that we bloggers band together for a good cause this Valentine's Day instead of obsessing over heart-shaped boxes of chocolates and bouquets of flowers. Donors Choose is a great organization that allows teachers to submit proposals for funding for various classroom projects. Many of those classrooms are in schools with a high percentage of poverty-level students. And we - Niki, Andi, Megan, and the guys at Notes from the Muck - are asking you to help us fund four very worthy projects. You can read about our projects and make donations here. Our goal is $1,381. Helping us out will help some deserving kids with writing skills, theater productions and growing imaginations. For those of you in NC, two of the projects are a stone's throw from us. Fellow bloggers, feel free to link up to our challenge on your own blogs.

Please consider - yes, I'm going to say it - opening your heart and throwing in a few bucks. We'd all appreciate it. And I'll love you more than I already do.

2 cat calls:

T. said...

Also, feel free to donate your money to me. My name is T. And I am in need of your money. Like really. So send it. Now. Thank you.

ashley said...

T. also accepts donations in the form of beer and Italian sauces. Thanks.