Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happy Trails to You, Mr. Potter

For those of you who don't know, 17-year-old Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe is about to make his West End stage debut in Peter Shaffer's Equus. Radcliffe portrays Alan Strang, a disturbed stable boy and will appear onstage in full frontal nudity. The promo shots just got released, and well, I guess we're not at Hogwarts anymore. And I'm guessing those abs didn't come from magic. Apparently, Radcliffe didn't have any qualms about dropping trou. And with that information and these photos, teenage girls the world over are swooning. Is it hot in here?





Additional promo shots can be seen at Mugglenet - just click in the links to the right.

14 cat calls:

mendacious said...

ew. i just can't. i really hope he can act. equus??? agh.

ashley said...

It is kind of disturbing. To have always seen him in one light and now see him (all of him) in a very different light. It's a daring move. I hear the parents are already up in arms about it.

Jennifer Walter said...

I wonder if one of the "up in arms" parents is the same stupid lady from GA who wanted to ban Harry Potter from the school libraries. Then word got around that she hadn't even READ THE BOOK. Thankfully, she was laughed out of the county board meeting. Stupid book banning people!
He's not Harry! He's an actor! I say, let him be a naked stable boy if he wants too.
Wow! I didn't know I felt so strongly.

Kim said...

I don't know, though... have you ever read Equus? I was really into theater in high school, and read it then, and yeah, don't read that when you're in high school.

Also, naked Harry Potter seems creepy to me. Hot. But creepy.

Jennifer Walter said...

I admit I haven't read "Equus". So, I can't testify to the quality of the casting. At least I'm not trying to ban it though. :)

penelope said...

Um, hello though. Let's talk about what's really important here: Totally HOT! 'Scuse me while I scrape my jaw off the floor.

Anonymous said...

Those aren't abs-- those are ribs.

ashley said...

Thank you, Pen, for agreeing on the hotness. It makes me feel like I'm not totally depraved. I bet the actress who plays Ginny was like "YES!!"

Ruby said...

These photos make me blush, for some reason.

I can't believe there have been no references to Harry's wand, though...!

ashley said...

It does seem that there's an open door for some kind of wand/wood joke here...anyone?

Cue said...

Have you guys seen the HBO show "Extras" yet? It stars Ricky Gervais, the guy who launched "The Office" (first in the UK). Anyhoo, Daniel spoofed himself on a recent episode of "Extras," playing himself as a teen who is trying to assert his adulthood/masculinity on the set of a Harry Potter-esque film. Naturally, he does this by trying to sleep with a much older actress (carrying an unwrapped condom around in his pocket, in case), pretends that he smokes cigarettes (until his mom catches him), etc. It was really darn funny, but now, seeing this, I wonder -- is taking the part in Equus accomplishing something similar? Hmm...

Cue said...

But I'll second the hotness factor. Who knew?

ashley said...

Um, one last thing. This play is being performed in the round. And sixty of the seats are on the stage. How close do you want to be to the wand?

ashley said...

And, Andrea, I'm dying to catch the reruns of Extras this week. I can't believe I missed the Radcliffe ep.