Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Very Happy Announcement


I am overjoyed to announce that my nephew Dillon Bradley arrived today at 4:47 p.m. at Northside Hospital, shown here with his proud papa. He weighs 8 lbs., 6 oz. and is 21.5 inches long. According to Mama, he is very bald except for some light fuzz and has blue eyes. According to Justin, he is perfect. So far in life, he does not like baths - he told me so over the phone.

Eva is tired, but doing well. A mishap with her first epidural gave them a scare and briefly put her in terrible pain. But after that, the delivery went fairly smoothly. Eva did admit that at one point, she demanded that the doctor pull him out instead of making her push again, but I guess they settled that score.

Everyone is happy and healthy. And this aunt is already madly in love.

8 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Dillon is SO cute! (And I do not think all babies are cute.) But really, truly, he couldn't be more perfect! And I'm so glad that the delivery went well. How happy and wonderful! Congratulations, Aunt Ashley! HOORAY!

penelope said...

Ahhhhhggg! Congratulations!!! He is so cute! So happy for everyone... tear.

:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Auntie Ashley! Let the spoiling begin! He's so cute and tiny. I'm glad everyone is doing well. :-)

Andria said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!!! What a great first shot. He is already so aware and inquisitive; I think he'll fit right in. Glad things are going well. Epidurals can cause some scary things to happen, glad everything turned out well. Congrats, again!

Niki said...

I'm with Jenn - Dillon is a cutie, and I'm not a fan of all babies. I'm so happy that it all went well!

ashley said...

Just talked to the happy parents. All is well - even if they can't get any sleep for all the coming and going to check on Eva and test Dillon for all sorts of things. According to Justin, he has above average hearing. The bragging is beginning already. ;)

Jennifer Walter said...

How adorable!!!!
I'm so happy for you all.
Please give my love to the family.
I hope you have a great time this weekend lovin' on your new little man.

hat said...

Congratulations, aunt Ashley!