Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Scooby Doo, Where are You?


It saddens me to report that the creator of Scooby Doo died today at the age of 81. He also did animation work on Disney classics like Cinderella and Peter Pan, but his crowning achievement was the sleuthing Great Dane and "gang." Scooby Doo was undoubtedly my favorite cartoon as a kid, and I admit to watching it a great deal in college - it used to come on the Cartoon Network at 2 a.m. before they only played weird cartoons. I was a little bit in love with Shaggy for a time. Maybe I still am. Rest in peace, friend.

2 cat calls:

penelope said...

My favorite Scooby Doo eps were the ones with celebrities. The Harlem Globetrotters, Phyllis Diller. Those were very good times. Rest in Peace, Iwao Takamoto.

ashley said...

Oooh, I loved the one with the Adams Family. And Davey Jones! And Sonny and Cher! Yes, good times.