Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's 4:30 a.m. on a Tuesday

A line from my favorite Counting Crows song "Perfect Blue Buildings" shows that my nephew already has good taste in music. Since that's when he started to make his appearance. Eva started labor around 4 a.m. this morning - oddly enough on her due date and just prior to being induced. Contractions reached about 4 minutes apart by the time they went to the hospital at their scheduled appointment at 6. I spoke to Justin while the nurses were prepping the delivery room, and he sounded good. I, on the other hand, almost started to cry. Updates as they come...

6 cat calls:

Kim said...

Hooray! And how interesting that the baby came without being induced? Maybe he just wanted to make a big appearance! Anyway, keep us up to date!

Andria said...

That's so awesome! He knew when his birthday was and wasn't going to disappoint! I'm glad he's coming on his own terms. . definitely keep us posted. This is so exciting!

ashley said...

It's 1:40 and Justin just emailed to say that she's between 5-6 cm dilated and they're getting ready for the hard part. It's looking like it's going to be between 5:30 and 7:30 tonight unless things go much faster than anticipated.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Be sure to keep us updated. I can't believe he'll be here in only hours!

ashley said...

3:20 P.M.

Mama just called to say she's fully dilated. The head has dropped down and the room is being prepped for delivery. They expect his arrival within the next hour to hour and a half.

Andria said...

girl, this is so wild. I know you had to have been just useless today at work! I can see you pacing. . .I hope we get word soon of his actual arrival!