Saturday, January 13, 2007

I Ran

No, this is not a post about Flock of Seagulls. I don't know what happened to me. Maybe it was the salt air. But when I got home from the beach, I felt like...running.

Believe it or not, fond as I am of saying that I only run when chased, I played basketball for 12 years and ran 100M hurdles in high school. Yes, me. Really.

I haven't run in I don't know when, but I was feeling it, so I got dressed and laced up my running shoes. And stretched with Kudzu looking at me like I'd lost my mind. I ran from Grace down to Water Street and all the way down the riverwalk to Orange. I don't know how far that is, but pretty far to run for someone who's woefully out of shape. But it felt good. In the way that things that burn sometimes do.

2 cat calls:

Kim said...

Yay! You are crazy for fitness! I'm telling you, we should put on our hands-frees and be CFF together... I'll even try running with you, if you think we'll be able to talk at all over my wheezing!

mendacious said...

i felt the same way as i went to the gym after a much uh, long? absence... and now my legs are all achy. but definitely in that good way.