Sunday, January 21, 2007

Beautiful Boy, Darling Boy

It's been my policy thus far not to put my own photo up on the blog. But if there's ever been an occasion for it, it's the first few days I spent with my nephew. Despite inclement weather and flight cancelllations and rebookings, I did make it to Atlanta on Thursday night. I hardly even spoke to Eva and Justin before I had Dillon in my hands.


I've always been close to Justin - we're three years apart in age, but as a September birthday, Justin was only two years ahead of me in school. It was an incredible realization that he is now a daddy. And his little boy is beautiful, with blue eyes and the most amazing blonde hair. Apparently, blonde babies are somewhat unusual. He looks like a little cherub with his round pink cheeks.

And holding him was overwhelming. It is amazing to me that after all the anticipation, there is a wonderful new life and a new member of our family. When he fixed me with those big eyes and turned his head at the sound of my voice and smiled a litte, it nearly made me cry every time. In just a few short days, I couldn't believe how much I loved this little guy who can't talk - can't even hold his head up. But he's truly amazing and wonderful. Even if he peed, pooped and spit up on me - I think it's love.

3 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I don't think I've ever seen a newborn baby with blond hair--how cool! He is so very handsome and sweet and cuddly looking. It's not hard at all to imagine how completely smitten you must have been. I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful visit, and so happy that you have a new member to add to your loving family!

laura said...

he's beautiful! and so are you- i have missed seeing your face for the last- has it been - 5 1/2 years?? i will one day get to the east- if i can ever not be pregnant or nursing a baby full time?! i'm so thrilled for your family and i wish that my girls had an aunt as doting as you are!!

Andria said...

So cute! Glad you had such a great visit. This little guy is going to flourish with so much love in his life! Can't wait to watch him grow with you...keep us up to date with more cute pics.