Thursday, February 01, 2007

JULY 21!!!

In the dead of the night, J.K. Rowling announced on her official site that the release date for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be July 21 in the U.K. and the U.S. That means less than six months from now, we can hold book 7 in our hands. That means we should be seeing real cover art before too long. And despite the fact that it's first thing in the morning at the office, and I'm supposed to be doing work, I had to post, lest I get called out on the carpet for not having the news first. I wonder if I should take the day off to begin preparations - incessant rereading, conjecture, focus groups...

4 cat calls:

penelope said...

Yippeeeeeeee!!!! I thought for sure it would be 2008. I knew this would be a good year.

Anonymous said...

I read this news yesterday and was so excited to hear that the release is so soon! But I was also a little disappointed that it's happening so close to the movie. . . the films and books come out so infrequently that I prefer them to be more evenly distributed. :) I think I might wait to see the movie until after I've read the book just so I have something to look forward to once the series is over (sadness).

ashley said...

I'm with you, Jenn. It's like a goodness overload. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need intense therapy after I read book 7.

Kim said...

I know this is an old post, but I've been wanting to share my feelings on this with you for awhile-- how depressing is it that this comes out on mine and Ben's third anniversary? It quashes my secret plan that I never bothered to tell you about of you and I attending a Harry Potter party and dressing up and waiting in line for the book at midnight with a bunch of acne-spotted twelve-year-olds. Perhaps I never mentioned this plan because, when written out like this, it looks super queer...