Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday's Whatevers

* I snapped a photo of Dillon in the lion towel I bought him for Christmas and submitted it to the contest held by the company that sold me the towel - and I won! The prize is not even worth mentioning, but I did win.

* Tonight I didn't get home until 10:15 because I was hanging out with friends. Who would've thought?

* I have been having serious night sweats for the past few weeks, and I can't figure out why.

* Today I was trapped in the bathroom stall while the maintenance man changed the trashcan liner. I decided that silence was the best course of action for the least humiliation of all parties involved.

* We started talking about registering for classes today with our interns; and we gave them the beat down for complaining about online registration.

* I love the smell of citronella candles.

* One of today's headlines on Yahoo was about what a great Dr. Evil impression Pres. Bush does. Really?

* On a presidential note, I do have to give props to the first family for keeping Jenna's wedding private. I mean, I know there were pics out there, but it didn't seem to be a three-ring circus. Good for them.

* Angelina Jolie is officially having twins. So glad that's been cleared up.

* Have an important meeting tomorrow. Any thoughts on what I should wear?

* Cream cheese brownies are divine.

UPDATE:
The winning photo, per Andi's request.




6 cat calls:

Andria said...

That rocks that you won! Don't we get to see your masterpiece?

yea, friends!!

it is getting hotter. hopefully your subconscious will stop sabatoging you soon.

That is so hilarious - did he not holla first to make sure the place was empty?!

whiney little brats! Did you break out the story that we used to have to walk uphill in the snow, barefoot? oh wait, I think that was our grandparents.

really?

seriously? intriguing.

I second that notion.

cute shoes.

I bet your night sweats are immediately resolved!

yum, sounds divine!

ashley said...

Thanks for indulging me, Andi. Have posted for you.

Friends, and unlikely friends too. Ranging from 35 to 55! :)

I think it may be The Medication. I googled it last night and that's a common side effect. Yuck.

He knocked, but I thought it was someone who hadn't been in the building before that thought it was a single-use restroom, so I didn't say anything. How mortifying.

I know - they don't know how good they've got it. (And I don't know when I got so old.

Really!

I know, right? How many times has he probably been compared to Dr. Evil.

It's admirable, right? She could've blown it up and been on the front cover of People but she did it on the downlow.

Yes! Cute shoes were in effect - black patent leather slingbacks.

I have been so concerned about the quantity of babies in Angie's belly.

Anything with cream cheese = divine.

penelope said...

I was going to ask for the photo, too! That's fantastic. I knew you could win a contest with your pics, and I bet you could win more. Seriously. Check out Parenting mag's website, or American Baby, places like that. I feel like they run quite a few photo contests.

Awesome list.

jenn said...

What a great photo! I'm so glad that they had the sense and taste to pick it as the winner! :)

Andria said...

Yea, thanks! Sorry it's taken me so long to check back, but it's definitely adorable and worthy of winning!!

well, at least you have a reason/cause, that's something.

yeah, but a knock is still not sufficient. . something should be communicated vocally!

...
sounds like a great choice of shoes!

Kurt said...

I'd love to compare notes on the care and feeding of interns