Thursday, May 22, 2008

Itinerary

While asleep, I go.

* To L.A. to find Mendacious. And I am in her garden. They tell me she isn't there, but I know she can hear me, and we're supposed to go to Ireland. I see her face through a window.

* To London on a grey day. I stand in a square with a fountain in the center and there are blackbirds everywhere. I hear the aristocratic tones of the British around me, water splashing. I want to take a picture, but I've forgotten my camera.

* Back to San Francisco. At first I am lost and feel panicked, but gradually, I decide that I don't care if I don't know where we're going. Slowly, the city comes to life in my dream and I feel alive.

* To New York, with my parents. I am leading the way. I don't know the destination, but I know where I'm going. I navigate through the crowds. The sidewalk is wet; it is cold and the exhaust billows out in white fog from passing cabs. The signs are red, and we eat street food.

* A city. Alone but content. I am wandering. I don't know whether I'm hungry or looking for something. I can never read the map in my dream. But it doesn't matter where I'm going. Just that I made it there.

4 cat calls:

mendacious said...

incredibly cool. i love DREAMS!

Kurt said...

Your dreams are so specific. Mine are much stranger and tend to take place in weird locations, mostly from the 60's.

penelope said...

Clearly you need to go on another trip, pronto! Possibly with mendacious?

I love dreams as well, just thinking about where they come from and what they might mean.

ashley said...

I love dreams! I wonder if my fondness for them helps to "cultivate" vivid ones. I think some degree of openness to them welcomes them into being. Maybe I've trained my mind to remember them? I find them fascinating!

Yes...post Central America, M and I need to work on some (mis)adventures!