Sunday, December 30, 2007

Calendar Girls: The Posts of 2007

This year, 2007, was among the most turbulent, most emotional, most awful years of my life. Amidst the chaos and the despair, there were, of course, some bright shining moments of euphoria, like Dillon's grand entrance into the world - which changed everything about our lives. And on top of that, I decided to change virtually everything about my own life.

Looking back through the posts of '07, I realized just how much I've been through, and how much I've grown. And changed. And cried. And I figured the only way to review '07 was through the posts that said it best, brought to you by the calendar girls of the year.

Right now, I'm looking at 24 more hours in the year, and I'm not sorry to be closing the books on this one. I'll be holding my breath as the clock ticks toward midnight tomorrow that '08 will turn out to be a better year. Happy New Year, y'all.

January: A Very Happy Announcement



February: My Life the Democracy


March: Georgia on My Mind


April: Leaving: Part One



May: Taking the Long Way (or the Unplan Plan)



June: The Girl Who Lived


July: (Untitled)


August: Sister Mary Sunshine Gets Sucker Punched



September: Handle It


October: Shoreline
November: On Meeting People



December: Bones

6 cat calls:

Andria said...

what a great recap post! and what a year! here's to a more stable (preferably peaking/up) year in 2008!

mendacious said...

great recap. love the calendar girls. you are one of the best parts of this here blognation. i am glad to know a bit of you through it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
and here's to a blissful '08.

Kurt said...

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

I love how you recapped the year with calendar girls--how fabulous!

And I am SO with you on saying goodbye to 2007. Yes, there were some great moments, but I can't say that I'd ever, ever want to do it again. Here's hoping for a fabulous 2008! Happy New Year!

penelope said...

Super recapping... and what lovely writing through it all. Happy New Year!

ashley said...

Thank you, thank you. A Happy New Year to you all!

And, M, likewise, dear.