Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Life the Democracy

Perhaps it's something to do with being the youngest of three, but I've always had to live my life as a sort of democracy. Major decisions are not completely decided by me - the president of my life. Instead, there's a rather cumbersome system of checks and balances. Even when I think that it's just my vote that counts, I find that it's a delicate, political maneuver getting anything passed through.

There's the Sisterly Senate and the House of Brotherly Representatives. And on the other side the Supreme Parental Justices. Any decision made by the president may be vetoed by Congress or found altogether unacceptable according the Familial Constitution by Your Honors. The executive branch is often wrestled to the ground by the powerhouse politicians on the other side.

Currently, the State of the Union isn't so great. I'd have to say that there's some disagreement between the various branches of government. A sort of coup d'etat brewing with Congress and the Justices in cahoots to overthrow me. I can't help but wonder if carefully maintained democracy is overrated. I'm ready to throw up my hands and embrace anarchy, just for peace of mind.

Viva la revolution!

4 cat calls:

mendacious said...

i hope you hire a good lawyer, with plenty of press secretaries and escape to your ranch to contemplate life and look out into the bless'ed open-sky... just make sure your posse won't betray you.

you never know, they might be communist.

Kim said...

I say you and I form a committee and fillibuster. I can sing show tunes and you can read aloud from some of your romance collection. I can go hours without peeing. And I know a LOT of show tunes.

Niki said...

you know, you'd make a rather hot Queen - you'd give helen mirren a run for her money - monarchy all the way!

ashley said...

Hmmm...lawyers, yes. I'm thinking in the tradition of Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men.

Kim, I'm quite sure that some rousing numbers from 1776 will do the trick.

And, Nik, graciously thank you. And will now consider a crown. And a scepter.