Thursday, December 06, 2007

I'm It

Pen tagged me because she doesn't know enough weird stuff about me, so she needs to know seven new things. Here goes:

1. I have a nearly photographic memory. In a recent meeting, I was able to recall (and name out loud to the group) the first and last names of 20 people I had just met. I used to be able to remember answers on tests by visualizing the location of the answer on the page in my notes.

2. I almost always pick a good wine from the wine list. I know almost nothing about wines, but I can usually look at the list and know which one will be good.

3. Sometimes, I find reading a book jacket as satisfying as reading the book. I love book jacket copy. I like to get on amazon.com and troll around, reading the book descriptions. It's like speed-reading.

4. For the longest time, I refused to eat olives. I swore did not like olives. Recently, I rediscovered olives. The other day, I was eating kalamatas out of a jar with a spoon.

5. When I was little, I had an imaginary friend. He looked like Johann from the Smurfs. And I'm afraid that his name was Gaddy. I have no idea why. Also, I had Holly Hobby wallpaper that I talked to - and grew so attached to, that I would not let my parents remove it, even when the glue failed and the paper would fall down on me in the night. I kept it held up with thumbtacks.

6. We have a feral cat that lives in our house. Inside our house. No one can touch her. We see her; we talk to her; we feed and water her; we love her. But, for all intents and purposes, she is like a wild animal. We never, ever pet her. (Except for occasions like the other day when we trapped her in the bathroom to cut matted hair off her back.) And her name, appropriately, is Shadow.

7. I abhor Pepsi. And Diet Pepsi. If I order Diet Coke in a restaurant and the server asks, "Is Diet Pepsi okay?", I will say no and order water. Diet Pepsi is like getting Patrick Duffy when you ordered Patrick Dempsey.

Passing on the weirdness...I'm not feelings so tag-a-licious about this. If you're jonesing to share seven oddities - you kids over there on the right, I'm talking to you - go for it.

10 cat calls:

penelope said...

Duffy when you ordered Dempsey, hee. That is so perfect. I'm also working on a theory that one's preference for Coke or Pepsi correlates to one's prefernce for Colgate or Crest.

I also used to answer test questions by visualizing notes.

And you do sound a *wee* bit surly, but it's all right. Everyone should take some time to tap their Inner Snark.

Andria said...

Amen on the Pepsi front. Great comparison, too, to McDuffy! Classic Ashley wit.

Maybe you could get Holly Hobby put back up to help talk you through The Panic?

Andria said...

I highly prefer Coke and Colgate. Does that fit your theory?

Kim said...

That's interesting, because I'm a Pepsi and Crest person. Although not together, because that would be super, super nasty.

laura said...

i think andria is right, holly hobby helped me through several situations...you know, there is a new holly hobbie movie on nick? it's holly hobbie's great-great? granddaughter. it's weird, but bethany adores it.

laura said...

also- lily has turned ferrel (if it's possible to do so) she and shadow sound like the same cat- ever since i had kids. hmmm. did beth do something to her??

mendacious said...

oh pen i don't think so! i prefer diet pepsi and i use colgate.

also i tried the olive thing. weird- i still hate olives.

i am sad i never had imaginary friends, just puppies.

penelope said...

leave it to m to bust up my theory. blast! it was working up till then.

tempe & chris said...

Seriously cracked up laughing at the Duffy/Dempsey remark. Hilarious!

ashley said...

I've never used Crest or Colgate. But I do use toothpaste...just for the record.