Thursday, December 13, 2007

In the Spirit of Half Full

In light of my overly-cynical post from yesterday, I've decided to muster the spirit of the season and fill up my glass to at least half full by listing good things and good thoughts.

* I sang the theme song to Jem with support from The Violinist at the very subdued Christmas party this afternoon. It was truly, truly, truly outrageous. Also, we have a huge inflatable Santa with reindeer in the lobby because our boss felt it needed to look festive.

* Sydney White comes out on DVD on January 22 (I heart Amanda Bynes), followed closely by the breathtakingly wonderful Becoming Jane on February 12. And totally dorky confession: I'm pumped about National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets on December 21.

* Every night, my mom's slightly stupid cat Ranger gets into the antique rocking chair and curls his body around just so he fits on the round cushion. And then he snores. And it's charming.

* Today, I called STGD and said, "I totally effed up at work! I need some emotional spooning!" And just hearing him laugh made me feel better.

* Eating peppermint bark until I wanted to barf...in a good way.

* My hair is getting long.

* If I make it through work tomorrow and the Week of the Colossal First Mishap, I'm going to treat myself by opening my Christmas gift from Pen.

* Project Runway. In general. Is delightful.

* Tomorrow is Friday.

3 cat calls:

penelope said...

Sydney White! Present opening! A little Christmas cheer! To that I say: woot.

Hee.

mendacious said...

see there you go you've already brightened my friday. tick goes that clock. i also secretly hope NT:2 is good. and jem rocks it. also sexy long hair is way in right now... aw, yah!

Kim said...

I don't know if you feel compelled to celebrate this at all, but I finished my thank you cards tonight. So that's good news for everyone, really, right?

How come you never want to emotionally spoon with me?