Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Big Problem

After many months and lots of rumors about who and what was slowing the project down, producers finally got the Sex & the City movie taking shape. All four of the show's female leads will be back for the big screen. The film, set for release some time in 2008, is starting to move forward with production.

But I read today that, at this moment, Chris Noth has not agreed to participate. His agent is stating that the "details" are being worked out and that Noth is hoping his schedule (with Law & Order) will allow him to take part in the movie. But on the other side of things, his recent re-up with L & O did not include the 5 percent pay hike he was hoping for, and Noth, like Cattrall before him, is holding out for a Bigger paycheck. Sources say that should Noth not sign, producers will not try to replace him but will instead replace the character.

Come on, Chris. It took you 96 episodes to get a first name and you're not going to come back? And let's face it, the big screen without Big will make the Sex & the City movie a smaller attraction. After all, it took the commitment-phobe six seasons to say "You're the one" and we all know he's the one we want to see opposite Carrie. Here's hoping he gets the "details" worked out.

9 cat calls:

penelope said...

He'll do the movie. He better do the movie. Geez, if he doesn't do the movie, every time I go back and rewatch the 6 seasons, I'll feel like it's totally pointless!

ashley said...

I know, I know. And, I'm sorry, but Chris Noth is going to ditch S&TC for Law & Order. Which one made you famous, my friend?

I so hope they'll pull Stanford and Anthony back in, too.

penelope said...

Stanford! I love Stanford.

Anonymous said...

I think I might want to see Stanford and Anthony even more than Big. :) Oh, how I heart Stanford and Anthony.

I'm so excited that this movie is FINALLY going to happen!

Cue said...

I don't think I can SEE the movie without Chris. -- Just because, what the hell? How can they follow up the last episode with a Carrie BF who isn't him?

I just hope they have good writers for the film version. It's going to be hard to top the way the series ended.

tempe & chris said...

I myself am a little afraid of getting excited about this movie. I like where the series ended - where else could they go? What kind of plot will they create for a full-length feature film?

And I'm with y'all, if Big isn't in the movie, I'll have a hard time watching it...

Stanford and Anthony will be back. Willie Garson (Stanford) has a role in the increasingly odd "John from Cincinnati" on HBO, and Mario Cantone hasn't done much to speak up, other than a few voice-overs in animated films and a few guest epi's of "Men in Trees" (ugh).

Niki said...

I think I'm the only woman in the world who hates Big. I still heart Aidan...I just do. Bring Aidan back, screw Big.

But yeah, what a nimrod if he doesn't do the movie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Nik. . . I don't really like Big, either, but I thought maybe there was something wrong with me. :) I've just never really gotten over how he's treated Carrie in the past. He was such an ass.

And I also still heart Aidan.

ashley said...

I loved Aidan, too, but I didn't love Aidan and Carrie together. After I watched the whole series a couple of times, I liked Big a lot better. I actually kind of love Big. But maybe that says something about my taste in men.