Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Least Favorite Parts

Kim said...

The eight. hundred. years. they spent camping in the forest. Camping! In the forest! This is the sort of thing I fake sick to avoid having to do.

Jennifer said...

The first thing that comes to mind is how completely annoyed I was when Hagrid was trying to protect the spiders. I mean, I know he tries to see the best in all creatures, and I know Hagrid isn't exactly the brain of the books, but that was just a little TOO thick-headed. At some point, I grew weary of Hagrid's love for all things dangerous, and that moment was just too over the top. Come on already. Even Hagrid's not that dumb.

mendacious said...

the fake camping did totally blow and for that long. good god. hermoine crying all the frickin' time. agh! come on. harry's scar-vision going off every page- and when you actually have to say it aloud the redundancy of it all starts screaming at you just as much. harry waking up naked- was that necessary? all the slytherins being evil ; ) them falling into traps 2 or 3x- have they never heard of reconnaisance?! geesh.

well anyway : D

Megs said...

yeah, the camping even wore on my nerves.

The Gringotts segment. Come on. Escaping on a dragon? It was too "high adventure" for my taste.

The epilogue, for reasons I have already stated.

And I know that everyone will hate me for this, but I did not love the whole snitch-"I am about to die" thing.

Megs said...

Oh, and I forgot the whole Ministry infiltration--maybe I'm just bored of polyjuice?

Andria said...

wholeheartedly agree about the forever time spent "camping" in the woods! Halfway through the book I was sort of annoyed that nothing much had happened yet. Things were so different - no Hogwarts, no information on the outside world, no other characters really to interact with, just Harry's mind, Hermoine's tears and readings of things to fill in the gaps/explain things from before.

The lack of anymore on the Dursley's.

I agree I was exasperated by the overuse of Polyjuice potion, too!

Ron's leaving. That really annoyed me. And just being able to walk back in, too. (Although, I know he actually dove back in, saved Harry's life and with some hesitation and turmoil, managed to finally kill the horcrux (that had caused him to leave in the first place, ironically!)

The suspended reality it took to believe they'd continually narrowly espace and not be found for a year.

The lack of depth and omissions in the epilogue, although as a whole I was glad for it.

Somebody's Mom said...

Did not like that they would freeze their butts off and be hungry when camping; Heromine has a magic bag and is a great witch. And what was with Mad Eye Moody's eye being buried and not being usefull later. bleah.

0 cat calls: