Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Matter of Life & Rest

Dear Martha,
A few years ago, I bought the Puffball Bed Pillow from your Martha Stewart Everday collection at the illustrious KMart. It may have been that time I was with Kim and Hoang-Anh and I dropped and smashed the Earl Gray candle from your line. Sorry about that. Anyway, that pillow is my absolute favorite and it's starting to get ratty.

Trips to three different KMarts have proven fruitless in finding a replacement. As have KMart's online store and customer service department. What gives, Martha? Somewhere between the broken candle and the ankle bracelet, you stopped making my pillow? I find that unacceptable. Insider trading I can handle, but I really, really need a new Puffball Pillow.

If you could crack the whip (without, of course, disturbing your immaculate hairstyle), and produce a Puffball Pillow for me, it would be a good thing. And I know that I really should be submitting my request in ink made from crushed cranberries and written on handmade stationery scented with lavender from my garden, but without the pillow, it's hard to get enough sleep to have the energy for those things. So this will have to do.

Thanks,
Ash

3 cat calls:

penelope said...

Maybe you could find it on ebay? (Kidding.)

My own beloved pillow is beyond ratty. I have a feeling that if I split it open, it might just be a cloth bag of dust mites. I'm waiting for it to implode.

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I find something fabulous and then I can't find it again! Good luck finding your pillow (or at least a suitable replacement).

Beth said...

Hi there, I just saw your post when I googled "Puffball Pillow"!! I too am searching for my beloved Martha Stewart Puffball pillow replacement. I am ordering a pillow from Walmart.com (I did not see these at my local Walmart) that claim to be filled with "polyester puffballs" We shall see how this pillow stacks up against Martha's. I have also found a couple of others that are WAY too expensive claiming to be filled with puffballs too. Good luck with your search. If these Walmart pillows turn out to be the real deal, I may order a dozen and sock them away with pillow protectors for years to come!