Thursday, July 19, 2007

All Hallows Eve

In just over 24 hours, I will have Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows in hand. I'm ready. I've dutifully reread, pondered, conjectured, debated and predicted what will happen in the final installment of the Potter series. Whatever the case, tears will be shed - I've stocked up on Kleenex. I've touched base with my fellow Potter aficionados for last-minute predictions and the terms of engagement over the weekend o' reading (any calls must be answered with the chapter number so as not to spoil the plot).

Rowling has said writing Potter was the experience of a lifetime. Indeed. It has given us all something to argue about and discuss and believe in and imagine and frankly, love more than you should love people who don't exist. And while I am nearly breathless with anticipation, I am already dreading the post-Potter depression. That it is The End.

That said, I'm going to soak up every minute until midnight tomorrow, anticipating it, thinking about it, feeling excited about that perfect moment just before I open the cover of the book. Until then, the blog will be dark. Enjoy it, Pottermaniacs. I'll see you on the other side.

4 cat calls:

Megs said...

Happy Potter Weekend, Ashley! I, too, almost wish it wouldn't come. The let-down of the end of the series...man, I've waited 10 years for this book...at the end of HBP, devastated though I was, I immediately looked forward to the next one. I think the depression will be heavy.
But you are right: Onward! I cannot wait!

Anonymous said...

It totally feels like the night before Christmas. . . I'm all excited and can hardly think of anything else, yet I already feel a little bit of sadness knowing that it will soon be over. Nonetheless, I am SO pumped. Midnight can't get here soon enough!

Cue said...

I'm with you all on this one. And, will probably be out of the picture (even more than I have been) until I finish reading the book. Looking forward to talking about it with you all post-read, though!

ashley said...

It's 10:35 and I feel like I can't sit still. T-minus 1 hour to departure time to acquire book.